Are you considering renovations in Cypress, CA? You may be surprised to learn that Cypress is a hidden gem in Orange County that has a lot to offer. From its top-rated school district to its beautiful parks and attractions, Cypress is an ideal place to live, work, and play. In this post, we’ll take a closer look at some of the amazing features of Cypress, CA, including its attractions, interesting facts, and things to do.
Attractions in Cypress, CA
Cypress, CA is home to a wide range of attractions that are sure to keep you entertained. Whether you’re interested in horse racing or shopping, there’s something for everyone in Cypress. Here are a few of the top attractions to check out:
- Los Alamitos Race Course: The Los Alamitos Race Course is a must-see for horse racing enthusiasts. Located in the heart of Cypress, this historic racetrack has been in operation since 1951 and has hosted some of the biggest names in the sport. The Los Alamitos Race Course is also home to a casino, so you can try your luck at the slots or table games after the races.
- Cypress Community Center: The Cypress Community Center is a great place to go if you’re looking for something to do indoors. This state-of-the-art facility offers a wide range of activities, including fitness classes, dance lessons, and arts and crafts. The Cypress Community Center also has a pool and a skate park, so you can get some exercise and have fun at the same time.
- Cypress College Theater: The Cypress College Theater is a hidden gem in Cypress that’s worth checking out. This intimate theater hosts a wide range of productions throughout the year, including plays, musicals, and concerts. The Cypress College Theater is also home to the Fine Arts Gallery, which features the work of local artists.
- Oak Knoll Park: Oak Knoll Park is a beautiful park in Cypress that’s perfect for picnics and outdoor activities. This park has a playground, basketball courts, and a baseball field, so there’s plenty to do. Oak Knoll Park also has a pond where you can feed the ducks and turtles.
Interesting Facts about Cypress, CA
Cypress, CA may be a small city, but it’s full of interesting facts and history. Here are a few things you may not know about Cypress:
- Cypress was originally known as “Waterville”: Cypress was founded in 1895, and was originally known as “Waterville” because of the artesian wells that were used to irrigate the land. The name was later changed to Cypress because of the many cypress trees in the area.
- Cypress has one of the top-rated school districts in California: The Cypress School District is consistently ranked as one of the best school districts in California. This district has eight elementary schools, two middle schools, and one high school.
- Cypress was home to the first Motel 6: The first Motel 6 was opened in Santa Barbara, CA in 1962, but the second Motel 6 was opened in Cypress the following year. This motel is still in operation today, and is located at 5694 Lincoln Ave.